Learn how playing a good game of emotional pitch and catch can immediately improve your communications. Sometimes hearing the words “Can we talk?!?” can fill you with anticipation and dread. And once we feel a bit of threat, it does not bode well for how that “talk” could end up despite our best intentions.
Strategy To Improve Communication
In today’s episode, we explore why and how this response happens and share strategies to help make these interactions more fulfilling.
By visualizing the difference in two sports, Ping Pong and Catch, we help listeners conceptualize the body’s response to different listening states and “feel” their way to more open and engaging interactions.
Additional resources for this episode:
- Krista Tippett – On Being, audio of tables turned and Krista being interviewed for a change.
- Krista Tippett – Becoming Wise, An Inquiry Into the Mystery and Art of Living
- Steven Bergman – Men’s Psychological Development, A Relational Perspective
- Stephen Mitchell – Hope and Dread in Psychoanalysis
- It’s Not About the Nail – Humorous free short communication video training for couples
- These and other resources have been collected for you on our Resources page!